Town ambulance  1954
Tony Polletta is pictured with the town ambulance, a 1952 Cadillac. Poblocki's Webster Garage had the contract to provide ambulance service to the town. Prior to that, Simcuski's Webster Buick would pull their mechanic from a job to transport a sick or injured passenger to the hospital. There were no emergency medical technicians at that time. The earliest ambulance service was provided by the town's Board of Health. Polletta was a patrolman with the Webster Police Dept. for nine years.
-Courtesy Of
Tony Polletta

Copyright© OldeWebster 2001
send comments/suggestions to:
webmaster@oldewebster.com